Measures that CBC will implement to reduce costs:
- • End of the Local Service Expansion (London local news expansion and all other additional markets in the plan will be cancelled)
- • Regionalize some news programs:
- - Ten minute late night newscast in the North eliminated
- Alberta weekend news from Calgary and Edmonton now “regionalized” from one location
- Thunder Bay afternoon CBC Radio show cancelled, consolidated to Sudbury and made into a regional show for Northern Ontario
- Windsor's local afternoon show will become a regional show for Southern Ontario and will include London, Kitchener and Waterloo, excluding Ottawa and Toronto (which have local shows)
- • Cancellations and changes to some regional performance shows on radio
- • Saturday CBC Radio Two program In Tune from Calgary to be replaced by Choral Concert., from Calgary (formerly from Halifax)
- • Further reductions (50%) of regional live music production
- • Substantially reducing the sports department and refocusing on new sports strategy
- • Two daytime cooking shows cancelled: In the Kitchen with Stefano Faita and Best Recipes Ever. Reduce investment in daytime programming through use of different production models, acquisitions and repeats
- • Reduce one original Canadian series on CBC Television and replace with an acquisition (Best of the World)
- • Integrate English and French revenue groups to generate additional synergies and provide a more streamlined service to advertisers
- Read the full report.
Its 2017: what case can be made for the Government to be in the broadcasting business, competing unfairly with the private sector? The CBC receives advertising and cable/satellite fees-fees greater than CTV and Global but this is not enough for the greedy CBC who also receive more than a billion dollars of your tax money. And now the new Trudeau Government has promised at least an additional $150 million dollars a year to this biased, wasteful government broadcaster. As is, Taxpayers continue to be hosed to the tune of about $100,000,000 (yes, 100 MILLION) of our taxes every 30 days with no CBC accountability to taxpayers as they continue with their biased news service serving only the extreme socialists and anti-Semitics. Wake up Canada!
cbcExposed continues to hear from confidential sources inside the CBC about the "scandal du jour" and we will continue to expose their reports of waste, abuse and bias while we protect our sources. We take joy in knowing CBC-HQ visits us daily to research our stories such as the CBC Sunshine List, ongoing scandals including the epic Dr. Leenen case against The Fifth Estate (the largest libel case ever awarded against the media in Canadian history) where no one at CBC was fired and taxpayers paid the award and legal costs for this CBC Libel action. Writers and filmmakers take note-this is a Perfect story for a Documentary!
cbcExposed continues to enjoy substantial visitors coming from Universities and Colleges across Canada who use us for research in debates, exams, etc. We ask students to please join us in this mission; you have the power to make a difference! And so can private broadcasters who we know are hurting from the dwindling Advertising revenue pool and the CBC taking money from that pool while also unfairly getting Tax subsidies money. It's time to stop being silent and start speaking up.
Our cbcExposed Twitter followers and frequent visitors to cbcExposed continue to motivate us to expose CBC’s abuse and waste of tax money as well as exposing their ongoing left wing bully-like news bias. Polls meanwhile show that Canadians favour selling the wasteful government owned media giant and to put our tax money to better use for all Canadians. The Liberals privatized Petro Canada and Air Canada; it’s time for the Trudeau Liberals to privatize the CBC, not give them more tax money.
What does it take for real change at the CBC? You! Our blog now contains a link to the Politicians contact info for you to make your voice heard. Act now and contact your MP, the Cabinet and Prime Minister ... tell them to stop wasting your money, and ... sell the CBC.